Monday, August 31, 2009

A sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, day....

I'm not even lying, I had a really fun blog planned for today. It was gonna feature me naked and having sex... But this morning I was woken up but a very distraught Logan. Marvel comics is slated to be bought out by The Walt Disney Company. Slated should just be said as it will happen. Disney will buy the company for 4 Billion Dollars and pay every shareholder 30 dollars for every share of Marvel they own. There is going to be a shareholders meeting to vote on the future of Marvel, but more importantly what will happen with their portfolio of 5,000 characters? I've been reading a ton of articles about what little news is out there with this just being an offer and I believe MTV.Com offers some of the best thought provoking questions...

Will Marvel dumb down its adult story lines?


Will the racy and gay characters disappear or be faded out?

I don't think this will happen because as they bring up, Disney does have some more adult oriented story lines and shows. (Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, The Soaps.) But I guess any true fan boy would be a bit nervous when a Cinderella Captain America cross over is just an e-mail away. It was a long day reading e-mails and getting my nerves rattled, so I had to go out and buy myself some graphic novels.

Oh, and what Universal Studios, Island's Of Adventures .... They host Marvel Super Hero Island, and Spider Man is their mascot! Universal is Walt Disney Worlds biggest rival.

Think about it guys...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how you felt about this since I know you and Logan are both pretty much Marvel guys.

I am also honestly really nervous about this.

My biggest concern is that pretty much all the Marvel books I'm getting could be considered more "adult" oriented (like Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider and Wolverine: Weapon X) and I am horrified at the thought of them getting all kiddified and Disneyfied!

And if they force Emma Frost to cover up even more than she already is then I will be seriously PISSED OFF! LOL

TheWayfarer said...

The freaking Death Mouse - how apropos!
Is there anything left those birds don't already own? It's worse than Microsoft.
Have they placed a bid for House of Satan...I mean Wal-Mart yet?

Anonymous said...

Disney will make the comics family friendly. These are the people that lead people to believe that all three if the Jonas Brothers are straight!

Aiden Ash said...

Yeah Logan literally got a headache all day. Like Migraine. (You have to understand he wants to work for Marvel so bad.) And hopefully not much will happen. We've turned off Marvel Twitter for the time being that way we don't freak out too much!

<3 Aiden

Anonymous said...

Never fear, Underdog is .....
Talent is talent, opportunity for those to create there own biz or get paid more shopping their skills elsewhere with a loyal fan base. Hopefully they had a lot of stock shares themselves and a bountiful 401K....Realslow

Anonymous said...

What happened to Mason's blog? and What happened with Mason and Marcus?

 
pt>